Wind Valley Arrows - Cle Elum, Ellensburg Pathfinder Club - Part of a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & basic survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
- Pathfinders is for those who are in the fifth (5th) grade or its equivalent through the eighth (8th) grade. 5th and 6th graders are often referred to as "Junior" pathfinders, and 7th and 8th graders are often referred to as "Teen" Pathfinders.
The Advent Message to all the world in this generation
The love of Christ constrains us all
Pathfinders are Christians and as such, wish to declare their support of the symbols and substance of their faith. Often, at Pathfinder Sabbaths, Inductions, and Investitures, a portion of the program is dedicated to declaring their allegiance to God through the reciting aloud of the Pledge to the Christian Flag and to the Bible.
Pledge to the Christian Flag
I pledge Allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose kingdom it stands, one brotherhood uniting all mankind in service and love.
Pledge to the Bible
I pledge to the Bible God's Holy word, and will take it as a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path, and hide it's words in my heart that I may not sin against God.
The Pathfinder Pledge & Law is an important part of Pathfinders. Thousands of Pathfinders each year learn and choose to abide by the requirements of the Pathfinder Pledge and Law for the sole purpose of growing closer to their fellow men and women, and to their Creator.
Pathfinder Pledge and Law
By the grace of God,
I will be pure, and kind, and true.
I will keep the Pathfinder Law.
I will be a servant of God and a friend to man.
The Law is for me to
Keep the morning watch
Do my honest part
Care for my body,
Keep a level eye
Be courteous and obedient
Walk softly in the sanctuary,
Keep a song in my heart,
Go on God's errand.